With the new academic year coming up soon (or perhaps, for some, already begun!), we’re looking to bring on a few new bloggers here at ACRLog. We’d like to thank our 2018-2019 FYAL bloggers Melissa DeWitt and Zoë McLaughlin for their terrific posts this past year in our First Year Academic Librarian Experience series. We’d also like to encourage new academic librarians — those who are just beginning in their first position at an academic library — to blog with us during their first year.
FYAL bloggers typically publish posts monthly during the academic year. If you’re interested in applying to be a FYAL blogger for 2019-2020 here at ACRLog, applications are due by Saturday, September 7, 2019. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
– a sample blog post
– a brief note describing your job and your interest in blogging at ACRLog
Proposals are evaluated by the ACRLog blog team. When selecting FYAL bloggers we consider:
- Diversity of race/ethnicity/sexual orientation/ability
- Voices from a range of academic institutions (for example, community colleges, research universities, etc.) and job responsibilities within academic libraries (for example, instruction, cataloging, scholarly communications, etc.)
- Clear and compelling writing style
- Connection between day-to-day work and bigger conversations around theory, practice, criticism, LIS education, and other issues
Please send any questions to email@example.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!