With the new academic year coming up soon (or perhaps, for some of you, already begun!), we’re looking to bring on a few new bloggers here at ACRLog. We’d like to thank our 2020-2021 FYAL bloggers Valerie Moore and Kevin Adams. We’d also like to encourage new academic librarians — those who are just beginning in their first position at an academic library — to blog with us during their first year.
FYAL bloggers typically publish posts monthly during the academic year. If you’re interested in applying to be a FYAL blogger here at ACRLog, applications are due by Monday, September 13. Send an email (please include “ACRLog FYAL” in the subject line) to email@example.com that includes:
– a sample blog post
– a brief note describing your job and your interest in blogging at ACRLog
Proposals are evaluated by the ACRLog blog team. When selecting FYAL bloggers we consider:
- Diversity of race/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation/ability
- Voices from a range of academic institutions (for example, community colleges, research universities, etc.) and job responsibilities within academic libraries (for example, instruction, cataloging, scholarly communications, etc.)
- Clear and compelling writing style
- Connection between day-to-day work and bigger conversations around theory, practice, criticism, LIS education, and other issues
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!